What a sweet surprise from MacKenzie who has nominated me to the Sunshine Blogger Award! Thank you MacKenzie! I follow MacKenzie’s blog to read about her struggles and experiences living with chronic illnesses. Check out her blog here. Sometimes working within the healthcare system, it can be quite distant as you can only work within your own scope of practice. But there are always stories from patients that I hope to learn about. While MacKenzie is a fellow blogger and not my patient, she has given me so much insights into how other people with chronic illnesses may be struggling everyday. Thank you for sharing all your thoughts and stories.
Rules for the ‘Sunshine Blogger Award’:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog;
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you;
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award and ask them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your site.
*Here are the questions from MacKenzie:
Where is your ideal vacation at?
Paris – to immerse in the Parisian culture, eat some baguettes and sit outside to enjoy the beautiful scenary.
What is your favorite blog you’ve written? And why?
The blog post that I wrote about my hubby. I went outside my comfort zone to write about my story, about my husband’s journey to become a cardiologist. The post went viral, I got so much positive feedback and it made me realize when your writing comes from your heart, it radiates instantly to your audience.
What is your favorite food of all time?
Congee (rice porridge) – it’s my comfort food when I get sick.
What is one thing that makes you happy?
To be at peace within yourself.
If a genie granted you three wishes, what would they be?
1) Healthy families 2) World Peace 3) More Love in the world
Dog or cat person?
Neither – I have a severe phobia of animals that may have been triggered by a minor childhood event (e.g. got chased by a dog) and seriously need to see a therapist to address it. 😛
What is your favorite thing to do outside of blogging?
I enjoy running which helps me to clear my head, figure things out and sometimes come up with blog post ideas or topics.
Do you have a favorite quote? What is it?
Hmm….. I actually don’t have a favourite quote.
What is your biggest fear?
As above, dogs and cats.
If you had $1,000 in your pocket what would you spend it on?
A massage therapy for myself, a new pair of boots and pay the rest towards my mortgage.
What is one moment in your life that made you proud of yourself?
To realize and have the courage to end a relationship that was not the right fit for me.
And here are my ten nominations as their writings have connected with me in many different ways:
Here are my 11 questions for my nominees:
- What has inspired you to start this blog?
- What is your favourite blogging topic?
- What is one personal goal you have for this month?
- Who is your role model?
- What is your pet peeve?
- Do you drink tea or coffee?
- What will make you happy?
- Are you addicted to any online game?
- Have you started Christmas shopping?
- How do you relieve stress in your life?
- Are you an introvert or extrovert?
Looking forward to your responses!